PositiveNaija is a multimedia news, information and forum platform dedicated to informing the world on the positive progress and achievements associated with Nigeria and Nigerians globally. The aim is to positively – inspire, educate and redefine the standards of the Nigeria’s values-based system.
Vision: To inspire hope and pride in every Nigerian.
Mission: As a human-centered enterprise, to continuously strive towards creating a good, well-informed and empathetic society for Nigeria and Nigerians through news management and impactful initiatives.
Values: Truth, reliability, respect, valid sense of judgement and excellence.
- Reversing the faulty national value system: Nigeria’s national value system continues to deteriorate rapidly with obscure definition of what principles, standards of behaviour and judgement of what is acceptable by every Nigerian in daily practice towards national success. The root causes of this can be attributed to the prevailing decline in education (critical-thinking), misinformation, falsehood, lack of empathy, and incoherent national vision for Nigeria.
- Improving on the deficient national image: Nigeria has a national image problem both at home and abroad hinged on lack of trust towards the Nigerian society to maintain an objective approach to ideal standards of good-natured co-existence. The socio-economic and cultural limitations of this remains enormous internally and externally even as Nigeria records huge financial losses in form of investments to poor image yearly. The root causes of this can be attributed to the increasing absence of love / respect by Nigerians for self, compatriots (neighbours) and country as well as poor leadership and ethics of governance.
Excel Spreadsheet – Data analysis
What was the hardest part of this project?
1. Gaining the attention and trust of the public due to prevalent instances of fake news, uninspiring leadership, negativity, etc.
a. We have been able to succeed by maintaing objectivity in our publishing style.
b. We also have been able through the competitions we organise on our platform, demonstrate explicitly, transparency and accountability.
c. We have also been able to engage at various times, resourceful and skilled persons to provide strategic and operational support in enhacing our work.
d. We are also apolotical in our general approach – limiting/elimating political influences.
e. Continous and strategically engaging the public on various platforms – both online (social media) and offline (through the use of stickers).
f. We have upheld the principles of truth, respect, reliability, valid sense of judgement and drive unto excellence.
What can others learn from this project?
1. Continous innovation yet with simplicity
2. Truth as the basis for Trust.
3. As a media entity, unique approach for revenue generation outside advertising.